Saturday, March 3, 2012

Wedding Day Part 2: Details, Details, Details!!!

Everyone worries about DETAILS DETAILS DETAILS!!  I cannot look back at the wedding and think....man I should have had that or done that because I think we covered it all in the details. We as in my mom and I. The next few blogs will be about the details of the wedding!

I wanted all orchids. So, almost all the flowers used in my wedding were some type of orchid. Below is my bouquet with crystals in it, Michelle's Maid of Honor bouquet and Mazie's flower ball. All a different type of orchid.

We bought these really cool personalized hangers from etsy.com for all the females who went to the wedding. Below are some very cool pictures of the hangers and the dresses.  The bridesmaid dresses were called pumpkin color and they had pockets. (Just like my wedding dress!). My mom sewed her own dress (the purple one) and the yellow dress was Tim's mom's dress. All of the colors turned out to be perfect with each other and with the flowers and decor! Mazie noticed her dress was like mine..."hers had big flowers and mine had small flowers" is what she said over and over. 











Below are pictures of our wedding bands. Tim's band we found back a while ago and its titanium. My band took forever to find but it is from Tiffany's and is from the Jazz collection (how appropriate!). My mom surprised me with the little porcelain Tiffany's box to use to hold our rings in for the ceremony. We did not have a ring bearer so we asked Daren to carry the rings for us in this little porcelain box. When the officiant asked for the rings Daren would give Tim's to Michelle and mine to his dad who was the best man. I also use this little Tiffany's box to store my rings in at night. It sits on my bedside table. 



I wore Guiseppe Zanottie shoes. I found the shoes pretty quickly after I decided on my dress. I did not want a flat but knew not to wear big heels in the sand. These wedges turned out to be perfect. They were also comfortable!

Below was something that my mom made for the inside of my dress. A long time ago I had seen on a t.v. show someone sew their maiden initials and the date of their wedding into the inside of their dress.  Instead of sewing directly inside my dress, my mom made a bow out of satin ribbon, hand sewed lace to it and hand embroidered everything you see that is Tiffany Blue. She then hand sewed it into the front of my dress. There is a picture in my previous blog where you can see the bow while Kendall is putting my shoes on. The lace that mama hand sewed onto the bow is called Lilly of the Valley. This is a design of lace that was very popular for wedding dresses back in the day.




The hanger below was of course made by my mom as well. We did not want an ugly plastic hanger in the pictures and also wanted something different for my dress than the wooden name hangers everyone else had. My mom took the scraps from my dress from when it was altered and sewed them around the hanger. She then hand embroidered what was to be my new last name initial into the top with the same colors that were on the bow.




The perfurme I wore was Jo Malone's Ginger and Nutmeg. I picked this because of its name and its interesting scent. It is like nothing I have worn before. Ginger well obviously for my dog who we could not bring to Jamaica (sad face!) and Nutmeg is a product of Jamaica.  The bracelet my mom bought as a gift for me to wear. It was from Tiffany's as well and is three strands of pink pearls with a heart clasp. I wore two sets of earrings. I always usually wear my diamond studs that Tim gave me during our engagement and my little fake diamond hoops everyday. I thought this should be what I wear to my wedding as well. After a little shopping in Jamaica we found a pair of diamond hoops that matched my engagement ring, so I decided to wear those with the studs that Tim had given me. The little lace bundle in the picture will be explained in another blog.


I wore Bobbie Brown Make-up. Here is just a cool picture.

 
And one more cool picture of the hangers:
 

Next up! Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue and Sixpence for her shoe!

No comments:

Post a Comment