O.K. Guys do you remember that mystery plant from the beginning and how small it was?? If not check out one of the first blogs....
well HERE is the plant now.....grown so much!!

Here is a close up of some kind of bloom on it also...wonder what it is going to look like....

Well this weekend in Fayetteville the Dogwood Festival is going on. They had a plant sale at the Cape Fear Botanical Gardens so I went because I had been wanting a few more plants....
This plant below is NOT from the botanical gardens we stopped by a nursery on the way home too. BUT below is a box of "Swizzle Scarlet and Yellow Zinnia's". They were originally for a box to hang over the railing but after a trip to Lowe's we discovered our railing is round on the top not flat. So we had to buy a box to sit on the ground. I am hoping to put a flag in this box but I need to buy the flag holder. More to come on the CUTE flag I got at the botanical gardens......

Below are two pepper plants Tim decided to buy today. No these are not from the botanical gardens either we are getting there. We shall see how these do!

NOW the plants below are from the botanical gardens....this picture is a close up of a Multi Blue Clematis....

Here is the little plant with its vines....

This next plant attracts hummingbirds. It is a Columbine.....the flower is pictured close up below....

And below is my little container garden on my balcony!!!

Now below is my favorite so far. It is a hanging plant...it reminds me of lace. It was not from the botanical gardens but from the nursery. I just hope it stays hanging and doesn't fall down!!

Now the plant below took some convincing for me to buy from the botanical gardens. I have been wanting to try to grow and orchid but they are so expensive and somewhat hard to grow. The orchid society had a booth there and had different types of orchids. After speaking with VAN who was the man he told me to buy this type of orchid. It is called a dendrobium orchid. While it does not have any blooms now it will and there are two more stems growing so I somewhat got three orchid plants for the price of one and they were 25% off! He says it will have no problems growing on my balcony...we shall see....we shall see.....

But hey it looks neat!!!!
hey... that mystery plant looks like some sort of hosta--
ReplyDeletenow, i not only don't have a green thumb--buy my thumb is BLACK! BUT, my dad has LOADS of hosta at his house...i could be wrong?