After we had out first dance everyone danced for a bit before our cake cutting. I am going to save all the dancing pictures for last because there are a lot and they are fun! lol
I am not sure if I had mentioned this in another blog or not but at the last minute last year after picking out a cake baker that we met in our April trip I decided to have someone else do our wedding cake and have the other cake baker to do our awesome rehearsal dinner cake. At first the cake baker I wanted was not available but thanks to Oneika we were able to get her to do our cake! I sent a picture and I wanted sugar flowers (or gum paste flowers). I personally like having everything on a cake edible. She did an amazing job! It was so impressive and looks like real flowers. It tasted amazing as well, it was vanilla but tasted fresh and light. Unlike some other cakes that are made dense to help with the layering.
At our rehearsal dinner we did the traditional american feed each other for the cake cutting. In Jamaica when you cut a wedding cake you do what is called a bird feeding. You put a piece in halfway in your mouth and the other person eats the other half and vice verse. Now I do NOT like sharing food from another persons mouth lol so this was an experience, but if you are going to be in Jamaica for your wedding you need to do as the Jamaicans do!
After the cake cutting we toasted each other. Our glasses were Swarovski crystal glasses. They are beautiful and match our china. Hopefully for a one year anniversary present I can get two more then we will have enough for our china place settings (Hint hint wink wink Tim haha).
Here are the pictures!
It was quite funny to see Mazie and listen to her throughout the whole wedding planning process and what not. She was not quite sure what a wedding was, she knew she had a dress that looked like mine but with big flowers and we were going to Jamaica. She did such a great job during the ceremony and was so cute! Josh told me to smash cake on Mazie's face. She had heard or seen it on t.v. somewhere that at weddings you smash cake in peoples faces. Below is the picture of us "smashing" cake on her face. lol
No comments:
Post a Comment