After the rehearsal we had dinner on the patio at our villa. They used things from around the property to decorate the tables with simple bright colored napkins, candles and flowers grown on the property. We also had a local artist to hand paint a maraca for everyone. When we first came to Jamaica to check everything out last April, I took a picture of the beach area between two trees where we were to be married. This somewhat became a staple in the themes for all my wedding showers. We met the artist the day before the rehearsal when he came to take a picture of that same spot with the trees. This is what he painted on 18 maracas (overnight may I add). The maracas were not only perfect because Tim and I are musicians but they were just fun to have while the steel drum band was performing. For food we had a buffet of just amazing food that our chef made for us.
Below are a few pictures of the table and everyone eating:
The next two pictures are of Mazie my niece dancing. She had a GREAT time with the maracas partly because she was so tired she was just crazy. She even had her own Mazie dance where she made this face and just shook!
We had an awesome steel drum band to come and perform during our dinner and during the fire dancer's performance. Below are some pictures of the band and their drums. They even let us play a bit even though we were not successful....haha pretty funny considering how many music people were there.
The above picture is one of Tim's favorite pictures! I love the one above it with Mazie's face. After we had dinner we had a fire dancer. I will save the fire dancer for my last rehearsal dinner blog because of the great pictures.
We had the groomsman cake on this night. Miss Margaret of Negril was the cake baker. It was a tropical flavor with pineapple and fruit flavors mixed in, all made from scratch. I asked her to make a bunch of little t-shirts that say "UNCP Honors Band" and "Jack Britt Band" and have a pair of headphones. I have picked on Tim for many years because of his collection he had of free UNCP Honors Band t-shirts. That collection is now pretty much gone and has turned into "Jack Britt Band" t-shirts. I always tell him "wear something else!" lol. And the headphones well...I have given him several pairs of nice headphones that he has broken because he wears them out. We also did the traditional American cake cutting where you feed each other because in Jamaica they do something different on the day of the wedding (I will explain when I get to the blog).
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment